Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Polenta Towers!

One of my favorite meals is Fried Polenta and Goat Cheese Towers. This is something I made frequently before I was diagnosed with Celiac and lucky for me it is Gluten free!

Prepare polenta per package instructions or purchase the already made polenta in sausage like containers (found in the pasta isle at your grocery store) cut into 1 1/2" slices and fry in a pan coated with olive oil. Fry both sides until it turns golden brown and is slightly crunchy. Put in paper towel to absorb the extra oil. Make the stacks by spreading goat cheese on a polenta slice(I like using the herb varieties) then layering a tomato on top of the cheese, add another polenta slice on top of that and add another smear of goat cheese. Add a few fresh basil leaves and drizzle with some balsamic vinaigrette (make sure it's GF) and voila! Polenta Towers!

You can get creative with these- adding what ever you like in between the polenta- eggplant, spinach, the possibilities are endless! I have made a few different variations and all have been delicious.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Gluten Free...licious! said...

Hello and Welcome to the Gluten-Free world! I've been diagnoised now for 5 years, it was hard at first, but I feel sooooo much better now that I would NEVER go back! You'll have many trials and errors, but you'll get! I'm still experimenting! Check out my blog, there is a cookbook you might like and some recipes. Stop by and say Hi!

Lisa :)
www.glutenfreelicious.blogspot.com